CSP Mission and Focus
Charter School Partners’ mission is to catalyze a critical mass of high performing charter schools in the Twin Cities region contributing to a system of public education that prepares every student to be successful in college and life.
CSP’s Charters 2.0 In the News
Star Tribune: Hold charter schools fully accountable. If they can't educate kids, they should be closed. February 10, 2014. From last year's StarTrib Editorial Board endorsement of CSP provision on increased empowerment/accountability for authorizers. The bill is currently part of the House/Senate Ed Conference Committee.
Fordham Institute: School closures and student achievement. April 29, 2015
Wall Street Journal: Shutting Bad Schools, Helping Students. April 28, 2015.
Watchdog.org: MN charter schools seek license to close the achievement gap. April 23,2015. Prodeo Academy Skye Hoekstra featured.
MinnPost: The education proposals you haven't heard about this session. March 20, 2015. Includes CSP supported charter initiatives.
Star Tribune: Thousands of Mpls children leaving district for charter, suburban schools. March 19, 2015. CSP Partner Schools Hiawatha Academies, Yinghua Academy, and Bright Water Elementary all featured/mentioned!
- CSP Partner Schools in the Spotlight: United Way and Target Announce ‘Spotlight Initiative Schools’
- Charter School Partners and Education Transformation Initiatives to form new partnership
- Update on Clifton, Larson Allen District/Charter Disparity Report: FAQ/Worksheets
- CSP offers “Partner School” boards a new resource on “Essential” policies
- New comprehensive report finds Minnesota’s charter school funding well below district levels–particularly in Minneapolis/St. Paul
- CSP launches MinneapolisSchoolFinder.org for the 2015 school year!